Call 410-778-1948 or email
Exclusive use rental requests must be made by completing the appropriate Rental Reservation Application. To ensure responsible use of the facility, every Rental Reservation Application must be submitted with a $150 - $500 refundable damage/clean-up deposit. The application must be turned in with the deposit during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays).
Download the Rental Application HERE.
Applications for exclusive use rentals must be received by the department no less than 30 days prior to the desired rental date. Reservation requests are approved on a first come, first serve basis. The department will notify the reservation applicant within 48 business hours and inform of availability.
If the desired rental date is not available, the department will offer another available option. If other dates are unable to be agreed upon, the department will cancel the application process and return the application deposit (may take up to three weeks to process).
If the desired rental date is available, the fees (below) must be paid within seven calendar days of receiving notification from the department. Once the payment is received, an approved Rental Contract will be provided to the Contract holder. If the full rental payment is not received within seven calendar days of this notification, the Department will cancel the reservation.
Depending upon the type and size of the requested rental, applicants may be required to furnish a valid copy of a Certificate of Liability Insurance prior to final contract approval. Applicants who do not possess liability insurance will be provided information for a company that will offer liability insurance at the applicant's expense.
Anything rented or acquired from an outside vendor/company/business (e.g. bouncers/inflatables, snack machines, caterers, etc.) must have prior approval from KCPR and may require proof of liability insurance from said vendor/company/business. Failure to obtain prior approval or proof of insurance may result in denial of the rental request and or forfeiture of security deposit.
In accordance with the requirements of the Special Event Recycling Program (SERP), should any rental expected to have 200 or more persons in attendance, and serve food or drink, will be required to, at the contract holders' cost, provide recycling for the following items:
cardboard; glass containers; plastic containers; paper; metal containers; food scraps. In addition to providing recycling receptacles for recycled items, the contract holder is responsible for ensuring the collection of all recycled materials from the rental site. View the SERP Fact Sheet here. Call 410-778-7439 or email
All applicants will be required to sign an agreement indemnifying and holding Kent County, its elected officials, employees, and other workers harmless from and against all loss, costs, expense, damage liabilities, or claims, etc.
Cancellations must be received by the department, during normal business hours, at least seven calendar days prior to the event to qualify for a full refund minus a $5 processing fee. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of 50% of the rental fee (the full application deposit will be refunded).
Any changes (i.e. time, date, capacity, etc.) must be made at least seven calendar days prior to the event, and all changes are subject to approval by the department.
For more information:
View the Kent County Community Center General Policies here.
View the Kent County Community Center Rental Policies here.
View the Kent County Community Center Pool Policies here.
BUILDING RENTAL FEES
Exclusive Room Use and
Rental Rate for Access Card Holders
|Full Gymnasium-5 *||$50/hr.||$100/hr.|
|Kitchen in conjunction with another rental||$15||$20|
|Facility Supervisors (2)||$70/hr.||$70/hr.|
|Each Additional Facility Supervisor||$35/hr.||$35/hr.|
* Protective Floor Covering may be required at a cost of $100.
1. The Meeting Room is 25’ 11” x 28’ 8”. Tables, chairs, the use of a 52” mounted TV, and a mounted projector are included in the rental. The tables are collapsible and chairs stackable so the room may have alternate uses. The maximum capacity for this room is fifty (50) people.
2. The Kid’s Room is 23’8” x 20’2” and contains various children’s entertainment tools, a sink, and a mounted 32” TV. This room is not available for rentals during the summer months (June through August), but outside of those restrictions it is the perfect location for a youth art class or small toddler program. The maximum capacity for this room is twenty (20) children and may need to be adjusted to accommodate accompanying adults. Adult supervision of children is required at all times.
3. The Kent County Public Library (KCPL) Worton Community Center Facility is 23’8” x 20’2” and contains three computers, one printer, and small sitting area for enjoying the newspaper or one of several books, all provided by KCPL. This space may only be utilized for quiet activities or small classes. Food and drinks are prohibited. The maximum capacity for this room is fifteen (15) people.
4. The Multi-Purpose Fitness Room is 22’6” x 38’8” has two mounted 32” TVs, featuring a mirrored wall and shock absorbing floor. The room features several pieces of exercise equipment that are sure to enhance your workout routine, including treadmills, ellipticals, recumbant bikes, spin bike and stair steppers. Food and drinks other than water are prohibited. The maximum capacity for this room is fifteen (15) people.
5. The Gymnasium is 74’4” x 123’, large enough for various sports such as basketball, pickleball, tennis, and volleyball or even a banquet, but can also be subdivided into two partial areas for smaller activities. It is recommended that you visit the facility and discuss capacity with Department Personnel in determining the size of your event.
6. The Kitchen is a small area that contains a stove/oven, refrigerator, microwave, and plenty of counter space. This is a prep kitchen only meant solely for the purpose of reheating food. This room may only be rented in conjunction with the rental of the Meeting Room, the full Gymnasium, or Gymnasium A (front half of the gym).
POOL RENTAL FEES
Exclusive Rentals require a two hour minimum (fees includes lifeguards) and must be outside of normal operating hours (excludes vendor agreements). If you are interested in renting the Community Center Pool please call 410-778-1948 or email