Main Contact Information
11041 Worton Road
P.O. Box 67
Worton, MD 21678
Jill Coleman, M.Ed. | Director
Jessica Plum, Program Coordinator
Marva Kumpf, Deputy Director
Michelle Morgan, Program Coordinator
Sandy Adams, Administrative Specialist II
Tara Barnes, Facility Monitor
Haili Walbert, Administrative Specialist I
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find out if a program or event is cancelled due to inclement weather or another reason, or if there is a program change?
- Can I register my child for a program if he/she is 6 months within the minimum age requirement?
- When can I sign my child(ren) up for Summer Camp programs?
- When can I sign my child(ren) up for the Elementary After School program?
- Do you offer discounted amusement park tickets?
- Where can I purchase a boat slip permit?
- How do I apply for financial assistance for a program?
- When are swimming pools open?
- Is camping permitted in County parks?
- How do I rent a park pavilion or room at the Kent County Community Center?
- When are lifeguards on duty at Betterton Beach?
- Are dogs allowed at Betterton Beach?
- What is the cost of a Facility Access Card?
- Why do I need a Facility Access Card for the Community Center?
- How do I establish an online account?
- How do I register online for a program?
- How many online accounts should my family have?
- Can I view activities online without registering?
- What do I do if I forgot my Active Net password?
- Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
- Do I pay a convenience fee for online registration?
- Should I create a username and password for my Active Net account?
- Why do I receive an error when trying to create my Active Net username and password?
- What if my Active Net password says that it has not been activated?
- What is appropriate swimwear for County swimming pools?
How do I find out if a program is cancelled due to inclement weather?
Rainout Line is how we will provide notifications to the public for weather closures/cancellations for the Kent County Community Center (KCCC), Parks & Recreation/Office (KCPR), swimming pools, parks, athletic fields/ball diamonds, events and more! The Rainout Line platform pushes updates out via *text message, email, on Facebook, and on our website. An app is available to download on smart devices and a call-in hotline (410-429-1401) is also available. *Text alerts are limited to 140 characters so the full alert may need to be viewed using a different method. To sign up to receive alerts please visit https://rainoutline.com/search/dnis/4104291401. ↑
Can I register my child for a program if he/she is 6 months within the minimum age requirement?
Ages for programs offered by Kent County Parks and Recreation are based upon the normal developmental capabilities of a child at a specific age. As every child develops at his or her own pace, exceptions may be made regarding entry into a specific program on a case-by-case basis, pending there are no state regulations that may prevent an exception from being made (i.e. Kiddie Camp-state mandates child must be 3 1/2 years old to attend the program). ↑
When can I sign my child(ren) up for Summer Camp programs?
Summer camp registration opens and is accepted beginning February 1st each year. You can register your child(ren) utilizing our *online registration process, register in person at the Community Center or mail your completed form along with the required deposit/payment to KCPR, P.O. Box 67, Worton, MD 21678. Please note that registration will not be accepted before February 1st.
*Online registration requires a reoccurring automatic credit card payment Sunday of each week. A nominal payment processing fee is applied to all online payments. If you have specific questions about the registration process, please contact our office at 410-778-1948. ↑
When can I sign my child(ren) up for the Elementary After School program?
After School program registration opens and is accepted beginning July 1st each year. You can register your child(ren) utilizing our *online registration process, register in person at the Community Center or mail your completed form to KCPR, P.O. Box 67, Worton, MD 21678. Please note that registration is not accepted before July 1st.
*Automatic recurring monthly payments are required to complete online registration. Additionally, all online payments (credit card and electronic check) are subject to a nominal processing fee. If applying for a scholarship and registering online, all required support documents must be received no less than (10) days before the upcoming month of attendance, otherwise you will be required to make the payment due for the upcoming month at the time of online registration. If approved, the scholarship will begin the following month. Failure to submit all required scholarship application support documents will delay the review/approval process. KCPR is not responsible for automatic online payments that process if the required support documents are not received at least (10) days before the first day of the upcoming month and the scholarship is approved. Automatic recurring payments will not be processed for approved scholarship recipients if all required support documents are received (10) or more days before the first day of the upcoming month.
To register online click on the Register Online banner at the top of the page. You will be required to create an account if you do not already have one (have never registered online for a KCPR program before). From there, follow the easy steps to register for a program.
IMPORTANT MAIL IN REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Please do not submit registration forms to your child's school or they will be returned. Separate registration is required for each child enrolled in the program. If mailing registration and it is less than (10) days before the upcoming month of attendance, the monthly fee is required to be included with completed registration.
If you have specific questions regarding the registration process, please contact our office at 410-778-1948. The program begins on the first day of school. The program runs Monday through Friday on FULL days of school only. Please note that if school is dismissed early due to inclement weather or any other reason, the After School Program is cancelled for that day. KCPR program participants are required to sign up to receive notifications for weather/other closures. KCPR will not make individual contact to program participants for program closings/changes. To sign up to receive alerts please visit the Kent County Parks and Recreation Rainout Line page at https://rainoutline.com/search/dnis/4104291401.↑
Where can I purchase a boat slip permit?
To purchase boat slips permits, contact Kent County's Public Works department at
How do I apply for financial assistance for a program?
Financial assistance is available to eligible children and families who reside in Kent County. Individuals or families are eligible for a full (or partial) scholarship for their child(ren) if one of the following applies: receives financial assistance from the Department of Social Services, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) from the Social Security Administration, resides in a shelter, receives rental assistance (Public Housing, HUD, Section 8), or proof that the household income falls within the eligibility guidelines. Verification (original letter on official letterhead) from the providing agency which verifies you receive financial assistance and that you are the parent or guardian of the child(ren) must be submitted with the application.
When are swimming pools open?
Pools are open for public use on weekends only from Memorial Day weekend through mid-June when Kent County Public Schools (KCPS) are still in session. Pools are generally open daily (or as indicated under each pool) during the summer months when KCPS are not in session. The full operating schedules begin the weekend (Saturday) after KCPS students last day of school through Labor Day. Operating schedules are modified the last two weeks of the season. All pools are open on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. Call 410-778-1948 or email
Camping is not permitted in county parks. All county parks are closed from dusk until dawn.↑
How do I rent a park pavilion or room at the Kent County Community Center?
For exclusive use reservations, you must submit a rental request application and security deposit to the Kent County Parks and Recreation office no less than 30 days prior to your desired date. Once you have received notification that your date is available (2 business days), you must then submit your full rental fee payment within (7) business days to secure your date. An approved contract will be sent to you after receipt of payment. You must sign the contract and return one copy to Kent county Parks and Recreation. If the payment is not received within (7) days, your rental request will be cancelled and the deposit (if applicable) will be returned within (2-3) weeks. Failure to cancel a reserved rental at least (7) days in advance of the rental date forfeits 50% of the deposit.↑
Lifeguards are generally on duty weekends only from Memorial Day weekend through Mid-June when KCPS are still in session. The weekend following KCPS students last day of school lifeguards are on duty Thursday - Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm through Labor Day (pending weather and availability). When lifeguards are not on duty, swimming is at your own risk. ↑
NO pets are permitted on the public bathing beach (sand) during public beach permit season (May-September). All pets must be leashed and may only acess the grass area of the park. ↑
The Facility Access Card costs are as follows: (Residents): Ages 12 - 21: $7, Ages 22 - 54: $12, Ages 55+: $7 (Non-Residents): Ages 12 - 21: $12, Ages 22 - 54: $25, Ages 55+: $12. These prices are good for (1) calendar year from the date purchased and need to be renewed annually. The replacement cost for a lost or damaged Facility Access Card is $5.↑
An Access Card is required for all facility users (excluding during private rentals and public/special events), at a nominal cost, to assist the Department with tracking facility usage. All program participants and facility users who are age 12 and older must have their own Facility Access Card. Children less than 12 years of age who are not enrolled in programs or activities must be accompanied by an Access Card holder who is at least 16 years fo age. Parents/Adults who accompany a program participant in a program are not required to have a FAC. Parents/Adults who participate in a child-parent program with their child are required to have a FAC.
The purpose of a Facility Access Card is to allow you, as a member of the community, to come to the Community Center and access a wealth of opportunities at a minimal cost per year.
There are many benefits of a Facility Access Card including, but not limited to, FREE internet access and Wi-Fi capabilities, use of game tables in our lobby, Big Screen TV access in the lobby, full access to Open Gym at no additional cost, open Multi-Purpose/ Fitness room at no additional cost, Discounted Room Rental Rates, Discounted Pool Rates, and the list goes on.
For more information, please feel free to stop by the Community Center for a visit, contact us at 410-778-1948 or email us at
Before registering for any programs or activities online, you must establish an online registration account and receive a Customer ID and Password. Follow these steps to create an online registration account:
1) Click on the "My Account" button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including birth date and click Submit. Please submit your request only once. Please Note: If you are registering a child for a program, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) Your account will be automatically approved. You will also receive an email confirming the successful entry of your account. This email is normally sent to you within 24 hours of requesting an online registration account. Be sure to keep a record of your password. Write down your password as you will need it to register online in the future.↑
* Not all programs are eligible for online registration.
Once your account has been established and approved (see above questions), registration for programs and activities is easy: 1) Click the "Register Now" button on the registration home page.
2) Select the activity that you would like to enroll in. Clicking the underlined activity name will show you a detailed activity description.
3) Click on the "Add to My Cart" button if you wish to register for the activity.
4) Next, login to your online Registration Account by entering your Customer ID and Password. Proceed to your Checkout Shopping Cart by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you empty or remove activities from your cart, view more activities and add them to your cart, or update your cart information.
Important: If more than one family member will be attending the activity, change the quantity registering for the activity and then click on the Update Cart button.
5) Confirm your activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click "Continue" to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Click "Yes". Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page. Click "Continue". This system accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the "My Account" button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Print your receipt for the online registration. Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.↑
We recommend that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a Head of Household and then add all family member names (as many as you need) to the account after it is established.↑
You can always browse through programs without registering. Click the "Register Now" button and look at all the programs offered.↑
From the My Account program, enter your Login name. Then check the "Forgot your Password" box and click Continue. You will advance to the custom security question you created when establishing your account. If, after reviewing your custom security question, you do not recall your password, or if your password is not valid, please contact our office by calling 410-778-1948 or emailing
Yes, from the date your online account is established. The "My Account" feature allows you to view a detailed list of your past transactions. Just login, click the "My Account" button, and select the program(s) providing transaction history.↑
Yes, there is a non-refundable nominal fee for the service, typical of any internet sales site.↑
Creating a username and password on Active.com will make future registrations easier by keeping some of your information on file for the next time you register online. All you have to do is log in before beginning your next registration, and when you go to fill out the form, some of your information will already be filled out for you.↑
That message means that another patron has created a profile using that username. Our system does not allow identical user ID's. Try another version of that username or a different one altogether. Make sure you write down your username and password once it is established so that you may use it in the future.↑
If you are unable to reset your password or your password has been locked due to inactivity, please contact our office by calling
410-778-1948 or emailing
All persons on the pool deck and/or swimming in the pool must have on proper swim attire. All infants/toddlers that require a diaper must wear swimmer diapers AND proper swimwear. Clean cotton t-shirts and sarongs are allowed on the pool deck however, patrons must have on proper swim attire underneath. The following attire is not allowed in pools: "Street clothes," *Brazil/French-cut, *thong style and/or *revealing swim wear, cut-off jeans, jeans, skirts, shorts, sport bras, leotards, leggings, dri-fit wear, compression shorts and compression shirts are prohibited. Underwear and undergarments are not allowed to be worn under swimsuits. Patrons with *inappropriate swimwear as listed above or otherwise will be required to change into appropriate attire, otherwise will be asked to leave the premises.
View the Kent County Community Center Pool Use Policies here